Gender-Predicting Old Wives' Tales

Hello Beauties!! I thought this would be a fun post to do since next week we find out the sex of Tater. I can not wait to start on the nursery and shop. Everyone I talk to tell me I'm having a girl. My mother and mother-in-law would like a girl and my husband would like a boy.
I personally would like a girl because the house would be even 2 boys / 2 girls, but with my luck it will be another mama's boy. This post, was suppose to be a vlog, but the lighting here has been terrible. I have not purchased my lighting so I need to get on top of that. I have researched tons of Old Wives' Tales but I only choose a few to share with you all. I hope you enjoy

#1 Baking Soda - Mix your urine with baking soda if it fizzles that mean you're having a boy if not then it is a girl. I wanted to record this so bad, but I am not comfortable with everyone seeing my pee ha-ha
#2 Heart Rate - If the baby's heart rate is above 140 bpm, then it is a girl. If it is below 140 bpm then it is a boy. At my first appointment the heart rate was 176 bpm and the second it was 150-164 bpm
#3 Peaceful Rest - If you prefer to sleep on your left side then you are having a boy, and if you sleep on your right then it is a girl. I have a bit of trouble sleeping on my right side, but on my left it is somewhat comfy.
#4 History of Parents Children - I am the last child so, I  suppose to have what my mother has and in that order. I have two older brothers, so that means boy, boy, then a girl. I already have Tristan so it may be some truth to this.
#5 Clumsy VS. Graceful - If you become clumsy during your pregnancy then you can stock up on blue. If you are graceful then get ready for pink. I am becoming very clumsy I dropped everything today.
#6 Carrying High or Low - If you are carrying high, then you are having a girl. Carrying Low? then it is a boy. I have no idea how I am carrying. Some say I am low and others say high. My stomach is identical to when I was pregnant with Tristan. I am going to go with low 

#7 Body Tells it All - Legend says that girls take away all your beauty. So, if you have skin blemishes and acne then stock up on pink. If you have dry hands and cold feet, then you can stock up on blue. I am the "Queen" of acne, right now I am getting bumps everywhere and also black hairs on my face. I know, gross .

#8 Red Cabbage -  Cut the cabbage in  half and then in small chunks. Add the cabbage to boiling water for ten minutes. Drain the cabbage and keep the water, it should look blueish in color. In a cup, combine the water with your urine 1part cabbage water 1 part urine. Pink/Red it is a boy and purple/blue it is a girl.

#9 Chinese Birth Chart -  This chart uses your age at conception and the month you conceived to determine the sex of your baby. After placing everything in my results was a Boy <3
#10 Morning Sickness - During the first trimester if you have morning sickness then get ready for the tutus, but if you sail through it fine get ready for the cute bow ties. The first trimester was horrible, I was sick and tired. I'm in my second trimester now and it is smoother than ever. This one is hard to believe because I was sick 24/7 with my son.
 

Looks like we have a winner "boy." I cannot wait to find out next week, but in the mean time. What do you think baby Shelly is a boy or a girl?

No comments