Day Three: Fashion Week Tokyo

Day three of fashion week and I got to attend each runway show today. Talk about super excited. I have to tell myself over and over it is not a dream. After looking and following so many American designers it was a breath of fresh air seeing fashion at a new angle.
Each runway show today was different from modern chic, minimalist, and futuristic. Surprising, I could see myself wearing these every day or to major events. I did not get to attend the last three days of fashion week. Why? Because I thought my body would be able to keep up with the trains, walking, and long days. Baby C was not hearing this so I ended up relaxing for the rest of the week, but I enjoyed the days I did get to attend. Shibuya Fashion Week is going on right now and I'm going to try my hardest to get there. Once again, I would like to say my photography skills are not the best ha-ha. I do not know the perfect angles or lighting. I can see a photography class in my near future.
IN-PROCESS By Yurika Ohara  and Steven Hall was more on the modern sophisticated side. The designers have a great eye for patterns. Watching their show I noticed a lot of geometric patterns and also graphics. I love how they placed patterns together and it complimented each other so well. I know you all are aware of color-blocking. Well, they took it to the next level with pattern blocking.



 Divka by Takayuki Tanaka and Motoyuki show was heaven for all my minimalist fashionistas out there (including me). Everything was black , white , and gray. The set-up for the show was perfect smoky with bright lights. Each model seems as if they were floating on the runway.  I fell in love with each piece and wanted it in my closet. This was one of my favorite shows because I was on pin and needle waiting for the next model to step on the runway. I could not believe I got a great seat in this show it was packed.


Fashion Hong Kong consist of designs from five designers Chailie Ho, Kathy Lam, Koyo William, Lulu Cheung, and Polly Ho. This is also one of my favorite shows. Once the first model step foot onto the runway I knew I would love everything else. The style of each designer hit all angles from modern to chic, and futuristic. Loom Loop had some amazing head pieces and patterns. I loved the big glasses, plastic, and metallic pieces from Koyo. All of the designers did a great job at stealing my heart.

Yoshio Kubo by Yoshio Kubo was the last show and I know Ladiee Tam is not about men's fashion, but this makes me want to add it to my list. Patterns, denim, and keffiyeh Oh My!!! Ha-ha. Each model gave off this mysterious vibe walking down the runway because you could only see their eyes/mouth. I adore how this designer was not afraid to add a floral pattern to his designs. If I could dress my husband like this I would, but he told me "Um.. No" ha-ha, it's worth the try right. Sorry, none of my pictures came out good. I was in a horrible spot. So click here to check out the show here.

No comments