My First Silhouette Cameo Project

Hello Beauties !! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas. My mini family and I enjoyed our day with friends and food ( yummy ) ha-ha. This year all I wanted was one machine and I am pretty sure you can tell by the title what machine that is. The Silhouette Cameo it is  very popular and if you do not know what it is  I will give you a brief description.
It is just like your typical printer, but it cuts. Using a small blade it cuts paper, cardstock. fabric, vinyl,  and etc... If you would like to know more, check out their website Silhouette America. There are endless option of what you can do and create with it. I was super excited once I knew this would be my Christmas present. I say my husband did an awesome job this year. Once it arrived, I did not want to open it, let alone start on anything because I was scared I would not do anything right. After doing a lot of research on Pinterest I put on my big girl panties and started on my first project.

My first project I wanted to start off doing something easy so I made triangles for the nursery. Living overseas, it is hard to get the craft supplies you need. Plus, being the girl I am, I hate waiting for anything in the mail. So once I was told they sold vinyl at our local craft store I went there. Before starting on this I had to remove the fabric triangles I placed on the wall a few moths ago. Sorry I did not do a tutorial or show pictures, but this was a nightmare. Long story short I had to cut each triangle by hand, then made sure they stayed on the wall. It was not the brightest idea because we live in a very humid area and they did not stick for long. After taking them down and cleaning the wall I was ready for my stickers. Before I show you the wall I would like to give you a mini tutorial just in case you would like to do this also.

 Material 
Silhouette Machine or Extractor Knife 
Scissors 
Vinyl
Cutting Mat 
Clean Wall

First, I open Silhouette Studio to make my triangles. This sound very easy, but it was not. It took me awhile to make them the perfect size and also to figure out this software being I am a beginner. I used the "Polygon" tool and made the triangles 3in. by 3in. Then I clicked on it and open the "Replicate" window to make my rows/columns. 

 
 
 After I finished making my triangles I had to change my cutting setting to the following: blade: 2, speed 7, and thickness: 5. Once I got everything ready to go I cut my vinyl in 12x12 sheets and placed them in my machine. Being that this was my first time using my machine I was amazed at how everything worked. Then, once it finished cutting my husband and I cleaned the wall. This took at least a few days because the starch from the fabric left marks. I could see where each triangle was and it was driving me crazy. Once everything was dry I made an stretch of where I would like the triangles. I set the mood by listening to Spotify Ha-ha and started on the nursery wall.




Here goes the finished look. We are waiting for his bedding to arrive it should be here this week. I will make sure I update you guys on the nursery progress and DIYs.

No comments